This is my go-to smoothie. It is loaded with brain-protective antioxidants. And the intense blue-purples from wild blueberries are gorgeous.
If you’re on a quest for a delicious way to nourish your mind and body, look no further than this invigorating brain healthy smoothie recipe. Bursting with vibrant flavors and wholesome ingredients, including frozen wild blueberries, this concoction is a delightful treat for your taste buds. Blended together with your preferred plant milk, a dash of golden turmeric, a pinch of black pepper, and a sprinkle of nuts, this smoothie not only tantalizes your senses but also provides essential nutrients to support your cognitive health. Get ready to sip your way to mental vitality and embrace a brighter, sharper you!
This recipe was developed for the Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
- 1 ½ cups frozen wild blueberries
- 1 medium banana, 7-8" (frozen recommended, but optional)
- 2 cups plant milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup nuts of choice
- Add wild blueberries, banana, and plant milk into a high-powered blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds at a time, until well-combined.
- Add in the turmeric, black pepper, and nuts, and blend on high for another 10-15 seconds to incorporate, or until blended to desired texture.
- Enjoy immediately.